At Dyer Land Title we provide you with real estate closing services in a warm and welcoming environment with experienced staff to walk you through the process.
What is a "Closing"?
A Real Estate Closing is the final step in executing a real estate transaction. The closing date is set during negotiations and is usually set several weeks after an offer is formally accepted. On this date, ownership is officially transferred to the buyer.
Commonly, several things happen at a real estate closing:
- The buyer and/or his lender deliver funds for the balance owed on the purchase price.
- The seller signs the deed for the property over to the buyer.
- The seller delivers possession to the buyer, typically by providing the keys to the property.
- Funds allocated for closing costs, prepayment of real estate taxes or insurance, and other fees may be paid as required.
- The seller receives funds for the proceeds of the sale, less closing costs, and mortgage payouts.
After the closing occurs, Dyer Land Title will register the new deed in the local Registrar’s office for the county in which the property is located.
Whether you need closing for a property purchase, refinance, or another type of transaction, Dyer Land Title is ready!